Rx Vantage offers help during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Katrina Williams
- March 19, 2020
- No responses
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, we have fielded thousands of inquiries from our medical office community about updating and communicating protocols for industry reps and vendors. What we thought was a nice-to-have feature of our free service has become mission-critical for practice communication overnight.
Given the volume of inquiries we are receiving, we wanted to share some of the insights and guidance we can offer so that you might share it proactively with your members.
- Many of the practices that use our free service to manage their rep interactions are temporarily suspending on-site appointments (most for 30 days).
- To continue receiving oncology specific education and information, many practices are setting up phone or web meetings with critical reps such as reimbursement specialists, MSLs, etc.
- Practices are communicating updated protocols by messaging all of their oncology reps through our platform, and, because reps can respond in real-time, practices have confidence that reps will NOT show up uninvited.
- Some large medical groups and systems are rolling out these new protocols across all their practices to ensure consistency of communication and enforcement of their policies.
- A handful of life science companies we work with have suspended all on-site meetings for their reps. We expect this will expand.
Additionally, here is a sample policy/protocol that one of our large health systems asked us to send out to all of their reps through our platform. Anyone can make a copy of the policy and customize it as needed.
Lastly, if your members are struggling to manually communicate with their rep community, or simply can’t find all of their reps contact information, we’re here for them. We are a free service and we can provide them with an account in a matter of minutes, so they can begin communicating with their reps immediately. RxVantage