Join us for an informative new program that takes you through all phases of the Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) journey: from diagnosis through treatment and into survivorship.
Location: Hilton West Palm Beach, 600 Okeechobee Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL, 33401 Complimentary Valet Parking
Speakers: David Grossman, MD, Hematologist/Oncologist, Cleveland Clinic Florida Jennifer Schosheim Alminana, LCSW, OSWC, Oncology Social Worker, Jupiter Medical Center
Date/Time: Tuesday, March 31, 2020
Registration and dinner: 5:00 pm Program: 6:00 pm
Program Description: This program is designed to provide attendees with essential information that will help you participate more actively and confidently in decisions about your CLL treatment and survivorship. CLL patients, caregivers, family and friends will gain a better understanding of:
- CLL treatment, including standard care and clinical trials
- Strategies to make informed decisions about treatment
- Tips for communicating with your health care team
- Strategies to manage disease and treatment side effects
- Strategies for managing ongoing cancer survivorship issues, including financial and employment challenges, as well as psychosocial issues
- Resources available in your local community, at cancer centers, and those provided by LLS
The program is free. Space is limited. Registration is required.