- Discuss the importance of screening patients for cardiovascular disease prior to the initiation of cardiotoxic chemotherapy/biotherapy agents or radiation therapy and throughout the course of treatment.
- Integrate recent and pertinent developments in the oncology field geared towards specific tumor sites related to molecular diagnostics and precision medicine.
- Identify updates in the treatment of bladder, prostate, and kidney cancer. Discuss the nurses’ role in the treatment of patients with bladder, prostate and kidney cancer.
- List the tumor sites that most often lead to oncologic emergencies. Describe the signs and symptoms of oncologic emergencies related to high risk sites. Discuss the nursing interventions for each oncologic emergency.
- Discuss the new chemotherapy and biotherapy agents available for the treatment of cancer. State the role that nurses play in administering and educating patients about the side effects of new chemotherapeutic and biotherapeutic agents.
- Discuss the emerging trends in the treatment of lung cancer patients with biologic therapies.
- Discuss the role nurses play in assisting the patient, family and significant others to adapt to the impact of a cancer diagnosis on sexuality. Describe methods of education appropriate for patients and their partners.
- Describe the role of nurses in advocating for patients through R initiating changes in government policy.
7 Nursing Continuing Education Credit Hours have been applied for through the Florida State Board of Nursing Provider Number NCE2012/CEBroker Provider Number #50-724 and are pending approval.
New information regarding recent trends in oncology nursing, chemotherapy review and oncologic emergencies will be discussed. This course serves as an update for nurses knowledgeable in the care of oncology patients. No pre-requisites required.
RSVP BY: Wednesday, September 27, 2018
- Online: FloridaHospitalCancerInstituteEvents.com
- Email: FHCI.Registration@flhosp.org
- Phone: (407) 303-1945 or 1-(800) 375-7761 x8313031945
- Florida Hospital Employees $110.00
- Non-Florida Hospital Employees $140.00
- Florida Hospital Nursing Students $95.00