Spring Session Agenda
Hotel & Transportation
Please make your RESERVATIONS by calling (813) 221-4900 or follow this link. Be sure to mention the Florida Society of Clinical Oncology code word FLASCO Spring Meetings for meeting rate of $199(plus applicable taxes and hotel fees) per night.
The hotel has requested that all reservations be made prior to April 22, 2018. After that date, reservations will only be accepted on a space and rate available basisReserve Your Room Today!
Super Shuttle/ExecuCar is the preferred ground transportation provider for most of the large hotels in the Tampa area. As our way of saying welcome to Tampa Bay, we would like to offer attendees of the 2018 FLASCO Spring Meeting this April our lowest SuperShuttle airport transportation rate of $12.00-1 way and $20.00 round trip from Tampa International Airport to your host Marriott Waterside and other nearby hotels.
Additionally, we’d like to provide a special discount offering up to $10.00 off our ExecuCar private black sedan/SUV airport transportation—either with curbside pick-up or including airport meet and greet service. We can create a free customized easy booking link incorporating this discount. The link can be added to your website or forwarded to registered attendees.
We also offer around town, point-to-point transportation and group charters with our black sedans/SUVs, vans, and buses. More information about our services can be found below and attached.Reserve Your Transportation Today!
Business of Oncology Agenda
Business of Oncology Corp. Registration
Exhibit Info & Reply
EXHIBIT INFO: FLASCO would like to invite your company to exhibit at this meeting. We are expecting 100-125 attendees at the FLASCO Spring Session the cost is $1,500 for all companies with the exception of our FLASCO Corporate Members. Please see fee schedule below. Please complete the Application to Exhibit Form and return it to the FLASCO office by April 22, 2018.
REGISTRATION & MEAL FEES:
- Diamond Elite Members: No Exhibit Fee for (2) two 6’exhibit tables & unlimited representatives
- Diamond Members: No Exhibit Fee for (1) one 6’exhibit table & (5) five representatives
- Platinum Members: No Exhibit Fee for (1) one 6’ exhibit table & (4) four representatives
- Gold Members: $250 Exhibit Fee for (1) one 6’ table & (3) three representatives
- Silver Members: $500 Exhibit Fee for (1) one 6’ table & (2) two representatives
- Exhibitors: $1,500 Exhibit Fee for (1) one 6’ table & (2) two representatives
*Additional Representatives: $250 for each additional representative over the designated number above.
**If not exhibiting, registration fee per representative is $500.
***All Corporate Members and Exhibitors are welcome to attend dinner Friday night and breakfast Saturday.
- Friday, May 11, 2018 6:00pm – 7:30 pm (Cash Bar in exhibit room)
- Saturday, May 12, 2018 6:30am – 7:30 am (Breakfast in exhibit room)
- Saturday, May 12, 2018 9:00am – 9:45 am (Break in exhibit room)
HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Attendees are responsible for making their own hotel reservations and travel
arrangements. Please call: (813) 221-4900 and refer to Florida Society of Clinical Oncology to reserve your
Deadline: The hotel has requested that all room reservations be made prior to April 22, 2018. After that
date reservations will only be accepted on a space and rate-available basis.
- Room Rates: Special sleeping room rates have been extended to FLASCO at the rate of $199 (plus applicable
taxes and other hotel fees). Rate is available three (3) days prior to meeting and three (3) days following meeting.
- Parking: Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina offers valet parking for same day guests for $10 & charges
$14 for overnight guests.
- Internet Charges: Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina offers wireless internet in all sleeping rooms and
complimentary wireless in public spaces. Internet will not be available within meeting rooms.
- Electric & Misc. Hotel Charges: All electrical and misc. needs will need to be paid for by the exhibitor and
approved by the hotel.
Register to Exhibit Here
MSL/Scientific Presentation Opportunity
Selected abstracts will be displayed on poster boards or standard exhibit table for the entire duration of the meeting. The presentation area will be separate from industry exhibits and Poster Presentation area. First authors or designated presenter should be available at their poster during the Official Poster Session to be held on Friday, May 11, 2018, from 4:30 – 7:30 pm. The designated presenter should be available during breaks and other designated times during the meeting to answer questions from meeting attendees. The selected abstract company will be invited to submit a PowerPoint presentation of their posters to be posted on the FLASCO website.
Selected Areas/Topics may include:
- Clinical Trials
- Nursing Care
- Palliative Care
- Business/Administrative issues
- Quality Improvement Projects
- Best Clinical Practices
- Patient and Survivor Issues
- 1,500 words or less
- Affiliations clearly listed
- Submitted electronically via FLASCO website
- First authors will receive e-mail verification of receipt.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FIRST AUTHOR
The First Author must
- Verify that all coauthors are aware of the contents of the abstract and support its data.
- Agree, on behalf of all coauthors, to transfer copyright to FLASCO for publication in the annual meeting proceedings and on the FLASCO website.
- Agree to be present during the scheduled time of a Poster Session
- Adhere to the following conflict of interest policy
CONFLICT OF INTEREST POLICY
FLASCO must ensure fair balance, independence, objectivity, and scientific rigor in all of its educational activities through appropriate disclosure of financial interests, among other things. The following interests or relationships must be disclosed: employment or leadership position, advisory role, stock ownership, honoraria, research funding, expert testimony, and other remuneration. It is the responsibility of the First Author to obtain disclosure information from all coauthors and to provide all disclosure of such interests and relationships at the time of submission.