Business of Oncology Summit
Fellows Travel Awards
During the Spring Session, FLASCO will acknowledge all Awarded Travel Awards for the first half of the year.
Thank you to all who have participated in FLASCO Spring or Fall Poster Sessions!
Invitation to Submit Abstracts for Presentation
The Florida Society of Clinical Oncology (FLASCO) invites all FLASCO members to submit abstracts detailing your research endeavors for presentation during the upcoming 2019 FLASCO Spring Session scheduled for Friday, April 12, 2019, from 4:30-6:00 pm. The presenter/author may submit their abstract to the FLASCO Executive Director to be forwarded to the FLASCO Ad Hoc Abstract Committee for review.
The abstract submission deadline is Thursday, March 7, 2019. Abstracts of superior quality will be selected by the FLASCO Ad Hoc Abstract Committee for presentation and for publication on the FLASCO website. The FLASCO Committee strongly encourages the submission of abstracts on research directly influencing the cancer health and outcomes of Floridians. Abstracts that have been submitted and presented previously are acceptable. Abstracts will be judged solely on the data submitted. Statements such as “further data will be presented” are strongly discouraged and will decrease the likelihood that the abstract will be selected for presentation. Notification regarding acceptance or rejection of abstracts will be sent by email to the Approved Presenter.
Selected abstracts will be displayed on poster boards for the entire duration of the meeting. First Authors should be available at their poster during the Official Poster Session. First Authors should be available during breaks and other designated times during the meeting to answer questions from meeting attendees. First Authors of abstracts selected for the Poster Session will be invited to submit a PowerPoint presentation of their posters to be posted on the FLASCO website.
- Commercial Bias/Marketing Restrictions
FLASCO is committed to minimizing commercial bias in poster presentations and handouts. Poster presentations and handouts should not contain any of the following: commercial logos, company names, brand, or proprietary drug names. Any questions related to potential conflicts must be directed to the FLASCO Executive Director.
- Size Limitations
No larger than 36 inches high and 48 inches wide. DO NOT exceed size. The poster should be made on one sheet (rollup). Do NOT mount illustrations on heavy cardboard because they may be difficult to keep in position on the poster board.
- Second Showings
Abstracts that have been submitted and presented previously are acceptable.
Abstract Suggested Topics
- Clinical Trials
- Nursing Care
- Palliative Care
- Business/Administrative issues
- Quality Improvement Projects
- Best Practice Projects
- Patient and Survivor issues
- Case Studies
The title of your abstract should be written in sentence case, capitalizing only the first letter of the first word of the title and any proper nouns or acronyms. Do not refer to study results or conclusions in the title; it should objectively describe the study.
Abstract Format Instructions
- The total word count for a single abstract submission is 350.
- Type all abstracts in English
- Abstract format should be in the following format
- First line Title
- Second line authors and affiliations
- Subsequent lines: Introduction/Hypothesis/Context, Methods/Design, Results, and Conclusion
- Sign and date the Copyright/Permission to print form.
- Submit electronically via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- First author will receive email verification of receipt and acceptance.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FIRST AUTHOR
The First Author Must
- Verify that all coauthors are aware of the contents of the abstract and support its data.
- Agree to be present during the scheduled time of a Poster Session
- Adhere to the FLASCO conflict of interest policy
- Please plan to be onsite to hang your poster approximately 30 minutes before the poster session begins.
- FLASCO dress code standard is business attire.
- Pushpins and a board will be provided by FLASCO. You will NOT be allowed to use glue, tape, paint, or staples on the poster boards.
- Supporting documents for your poster presentation is approved for distribution, at your discretion.
- Remove your poster at the end of the meeting or requested time.
Come back to this page to see the photos from the conference!